On Saturday, February 8, 2014, from 10:00 a.m. to 6 p.m., Yummy Market celebrated its first anniversary in the Maple community at 1390 Major Mackenzie Dr. W. in Maple with a MEGA sampling event and a draw for a chance to win one $500 or one of five $100 Yummy Gift cards.
With the Sochi Olympics underway, the sampling event offered the perfect opportunity to get a taste of traditional Russian cuisine. Guests tasted some of the foods that Team Canada athletes are fueling up on in Sochi in their quest for the gold:
- Made from Scratch Traditional Russian Breads, Cakes and Pastries
- Prepared In-store from Scratch Authentic Russian Foods
- Imported Chocolates and Candies
- Cheeses from Every Corner of the World
- Deli Meats
- Frozen Cheesecake Bars
- Kefir, Kvass, Imported Juices and Yummy’s Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice
- Imported Honeys, Jams, Savoury Spreads and Olive Oils on Yummy’s Baked In-store from Scratch Artisanal Breads
- Made In-store From Scratch Gelatos
- and many more European and Russian delicacies
“We are excited to welcome our customers, friends and family to our flagship store’s one-year anniversary celebration in Maple,” said Alexei Tsvetkov, Yummy Market’s CEO. “In keeping with the Yummy tradition, there will be plenty of food samples for all to enjoy. It’s our way of thanking our customers for their support and introducing new customers to authentic Russian fare in time for the Olympics in Sochi. We look forward to continue serving the community for many years to come,” he added.